Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tuesday - Day 3

Today was our first port of call. We visited the island of Haiti, specifically Labadee. It was so fun to see the island. It was just beautiful. We woke up, looked out our window and saw the lush green mountains.
We found a nice place to lay out and then went Kayaking. A guide took us to get a closer look at the local’s village and to show us some sites. We stopped at a beach, shopped a bit and then headed back to the main area.
After that we had some food and went snorkeling. It was so hot and humid in Labadee. It just seemed like we were melting. But it was nice to be out of the snow (we heard that it snowed again in Utah.)

The highlight of the trip was the Dragon’s Flight Zip Line. They gave us a little training and drove us up to the top of the tallest mountain. The jeeps were like the cars on the Indiana Jones ride. It was almost as fun taking the ride and it was going down the zip line.

We ended the night have an enjoyable dinner with some new friends and playing some more Phase 10. We are just having the time of our lives.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are blogging again and staying true to the tradition of late night card playing.

Tiffany D. Montgomery said...

Oh my gosh, guys! It looks like so much fun. I wish I was there with you! :'( We will have to do a cruise with you sometime. I LOVED the zip line clip and listening to Rob's hoopin' and hollerin'! I am so happy that you are having a blast! Love and miss you!!!

Tyler and Karen Davis said...

Looks like you are having the sweetest time. Clay and Steph are so cool to hang with. I feel like I'm hanging right there with you, eating food with you guys, and hanging on your back on the zip lines. So what are we all doing tomorrow?

April Cobb said...

I don't know how you did that zip line. I almost puked just watching the video... but I almost puked on a little ferris wheel that I went on with my kids last weekend. You are brave. How did you film while you did it?