Sunday, February 10, 2008

Church in Goa

Today we woke up and went to church in Goa. It was a really great experience. It brought back memories of my mission. It was a small branch with about 20-25 members. There were 4 missionaries, 3 from the states and 1 from India. I was excited to see them. We hopped in a cab, gave the driver a crazy address and asked if he new where the church was. Of course he said yes, even though he had no idea. With a few prayers and some asking around we found the branch. We all felt the spirit and had a good time. They just meet in a small house. During the songs they played a CD to lead the music. Two youth spoke for the first time and did a great job. They talked on the Word of Wisdom and Chastity. After sacrament I wanted everyone to come out for a picture but that didn't happen. So I took a couple of shots and we took off. I'm glad we made it. The missionaries said that Goa is predominantly Christian. They said the work was going well.
This was one of the youth speakers.

2 comments:

TheStewside said...

It is good to see you are still alive. Never can have enough church.

Tiffany D. Montgomery said...

Way cool, Rob. Way cool! I LOVE the members of the church in the mission field. They are solid as a rock. I am so happy for you to have had such a wonderful experience. Welcome Home! :) Tiff